Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Is it OK to be barefoot in PE?

Bare feet

Posted by jimbo on 2002-06-04 09:30:26

I had to do PE in bare feet, because: 1)Shoes marked the floor 2) It was conidered safer, you had more of a grip on the apparatus, than slippery plimsolls. Anyway, what's the problem with this? I liked doing PE in bare feet.

Posted by Jakub Maly on 2002-08-07 18:50:53

========== In Reply To ========== I had to do PE in bare feet, because: 1)Shoes marked the floor 2) It was conidered safer, you had more of a grip on the apparatus, than slippery plimsolls. Anyway, what's the problem with this? I liked doing PE in bare feet.

You must be simply mad. Do not you mind dirty floor and risk of injury?

Posted by ant83 on 2002-09-16 20:56:19

========== In Reply To ========== I agree with Jimbo - barefoot PE is fun! We often did it barefoot and no-one ever got hurt, even when most of the class had trainers on. As for the dirt, well your feet get filthy in the gym but it comes off in the shower afterwards!

Posted by Butch on 2002-09-17 00:43:09

========== In Reply To ========== I agree with ant83, my feet get bashed about a bit in the gym, but it's alright and feels good. They get pretty sweaty and filthy - between the toes as well as the soles - but sometimes get a shower. If it's at the end of the day I just slip my bare feet into my plimsolls and go home.

Posted by jimbo on 2002-10-27 20:03:05

========== In Reply To ========== I don't see why there is a risk of injury. If you were accidently kicked by a bare foot, it would hurt a lot less than the plimsolls and as for the dirty floors, we did have showers afterwards!