Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

UK SCHOOL PUNISHMENTS

500 Lines

Posted by British Celt on 2005-11-13 16:18:29

I was given 500 lines to do over the week I was off school for half term about a week ago. This was for coming late to class on nearly twenty occasions since September and always getting found out to have been chewing gum in the middle of classes.

My form teacher gave me the punishment and she made the sentences pretty long to make it worse.

I wrote 500 times "I will always come to classes on time and will never chew gum whilst I'm in them or I shall be subject to school punishments".

Posted by R.J. on 2005-11-14 15:16:05

Downey,

Was this punishment (writing lines)effective to get you to change your bad habits (lateness & chewing gum)?

I know you UK guys cant get swats at school anymore...what do you think about cp & should it e given in school if needed?

Did your dad punish you at home for getting punished at school? You ever et cp at home?

Rik

Posted by JDave61 on 2005-12-10 02:59:38

Downey,

It seems to me that your teacher was entirely too lenient with you. If you had been late too my class a second time I would not have hestitated to give you 500 lines. That same would have been true for a second gum chewing offense (a major no no in my class). A third offense would have resulted in 1000 lines and the number of lines would have increased by at least 1000 lines for each additional offense. I rarely have a third offense let alone a fourth or fifth offense!