Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Should jockstraps be required for middle school basketball?

Wearing jocks in todays times

Posted by sports_guy_14 on 2007-08-11 04:27:04

I was on the 8th grade b-ball team last year. Jockstraps were required for all the boys on the team. If a boy was caught not wearing a jock, he got counted for an unexecused absense. 3 unexecused absenses and you were off the team, no exceptions! On the first day, some of the guys on the team stood at the door leaving the locker room and checked evey boy. A few boys tried to go out a different door, but some other boys blocked that door, so every boy got checked. About 1/2 were wearing underwear! When the coach found out, he marked down all the guys wearing underwear for an unexcused absense and told them they better wear a jock next day! The next day, the same thing happened, but this time only about 4 boys were still wearing underwear instead of jocks, so they now had 2 absenses. The 3rd day, all the boys were wearing jocks.

Posted by youngguy on 2007-09-29 23:46:14

Hey, that's a kool name: Greenshoe. What does it stand for?

By the way, I tried to e-mail you at the address you gave, and it didn't work. If you wanna e-mail me, try youngguyguy2222@yahoo.com. It outta work.

I like baseball, though I've stopped playing a couple of years ago. I'm 16, almost 17. My dad and our coach made us wear jocks with hard cups for Little League, and it's not a bad idea.

Have you ever been hit there? Did you have a cup on, or did you get hurt? I got hit several times, but my hard cup protected me. I hear, though, that it hurts like hell if you get hit there without a hard cup on. I have a Bike and a Bike cup, and it's O.K., though I really don't like it and would never wear it unless it was necessary.

I always wear a jock for gym, too, and for running. I like cross country, and I run track, too, and sometimes I just wear a swimmer supporter, sometimes my regular gym supporter with a 3" waist for running. I like swimming in a sleek Speedo suit and always wear a Bike swimmer supporter under that, in case I get a hard on. You can see my leg straps through my Speedo, and I think the girls like that. :-) Sometimes I run a comunity road race in a pair of white Adidas soccer shorts with a pair of compression shorts under them, but you can still my leg straps. That's pretty cool, too.

I'm white, but if a black guy dresses like that, it would be a lot more obvious. Are you white or black? Do you ever do stuff that let's your leg straps show? One of my best friends is black, and he really shows off that way!! :-) :-) :-)

Did you ever see the International Jock web site It's cool. But there's no need to pay shipping from them if you can find a jock at a drug store or sports store.

What kind of jocks do you wear? Where do you get them?

Guy

Posted by superboyohio on 2007-10-15 22:35:01

Hi, jockstraps were required at the middle school I went to. Most boys already wore them in gym class and other sports before going to that middle school. I always wore a jockstrap since I was about 8 years old and even wore one under regular clothes sometimes to give me the extra support I needed.

Posted by superboyohio on 2007-10-15 22:40:07

We always had to wear a jock in middle school gym class. The gym class teacher would always check to make sure we had one on. If someone was caught not wearing a jock the teacher would make them wear just a jock and nothing else for 1 gym glass. It would of been embarassing for that kid as it would of been like being in gym class with almost nothing at all on but taught him a good lesson.

Posted by Jockstrapboy1993 on 2008-01-02 03:58:07

at my school, we dont have to wear jockstraps for anything. most of the guys that play football and basketball wear underarmour or nike compression shorts. i am the only one that wears a jockstrap, but i wear mine underneath my compression shorts, so that way i get the warmth and feeling of the compression shorts and get the support of the jockstrap. sometimes ill wear just a jockstrap for practice. it does feel better when im just wearin my jockstrap. i have blue underarmour compression shorts and white bike sliding shorts, and a white franklin jockstrap.

email me at jockstrapboy1993@yahoo.com