Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

When is too old to still have a babysitter?

My son

Posted by Tommys_Mom on 2022-12-30 18:47:51

is 15 and I wouldn't dream of leaving him alone without a babysitter. It's almost always a younger girl, the best one is only 9. Age doesn't matter, Tommy is extremely immature and physically weak and Lyza is great at keeping him in line, I always know I can trust her.

Posted by agnieszka-maria on 2022-12-30 23:57:10

I dont think you should worry that Tommy has a younger girl to babysit him. Im sure he doesn't like it but he should understand that Mummy knows best.

I have two daughters, Julia 14 and Karolina 17. Their babysitter is 15, so younger than Karolina, so I understand the difficulties, Karolina especially complains..

Does Tommy complain about it?

Posted by Tommys_Mom on 2023-01-01 13:52:10

Yes, he complains all the time, but that doesn't bother me. The other girls who sometimes babysit him (mostly aged 11-13) are way too lenient with him, they let him get away with far too much. Lyza does a great job keeping him in line. She's also the only one who has no problem giving him a bath and thoroughly scrubbing him clean, he's always spotless when I get back.

Is your daughters' babysitter a boy or a girl?

Posted by agnieszka-maria on 2023-01-01 15:00:21

Hello, there and Happy New Year! May I know your name?

try not to be too cross with the 13 year old, babysitting someone who is older in years - if not in maturity is not easy. I would give her more chances looking after Tommy - what is her name?

If you think she is too lenient then explain to her what you want her to do if Tommy is naughty or disobedient? Would you want her to spank him? Maybe she doesnt know how to do it?

Karolina does not want to accept that she has to regard Sarah (her sitter) is the adult in the house if I am out, and i have a couple of ideas im going to try out to help Sarah have confidence in her authority , especially over Karolina. I can share these if you like..

Posted by Tommys_Mom on 2023-01-02 17:02:52

HNY to you too! My name's Martha.

I understand the hesitancy I suppose, but I was put in charge of my brother (3 years older than me) when I was 10, and it was never a problem for me to order around an older boy. I enjoyed it in fact. But I don't really blame other girls for feeling weird about being in command of an older boy. The 13-year-old girl's name is CJ.

I've told her over and over again that she can spank Tommy if she needs to, in fact I've made it mandatory for her to do it if he breaks certain rules, but she's quite reluctant. Lyza does it without hesitation, which is why Tommy is so much better behaved around her.

Sure, I'd like to hear more about Karolina. Why does a 17-year-old girl need a sitter anyway? I'd understand if she was a boy, but girls that age are generally fine. I don't doubt that you're right to hire one, every kid is different, but it was just a little surprising. I know spankings aren't a silver bullet for all behavioral problems but it really can work wonders, I'd advise you to get Sarah to try that if you haven't already.