Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Has anyone been forced to undress during a crime?

Movies and TV Shows with Robbery Strippings

Posted by MiamiSeabass on 2005-07-25 15:02:37

There was an episode of Magnum PI where all the guests at a country club function were forced to strip by a robber. Magnum came in after the fact and asked what happened the rest of the episode was each persons version of the events including the stripping. It was decent for a TV show in the 80s

BTW that was Terri Garr as the girl who was stripped in the Moonshine Wars.

I noticed that Elmore Leonard wrote the Moonshine Wars as well as Gold Coast and both involve criminals who strip people during robberies. Is this a theme in his work?

Posted by VL on 2005-07-28 04:28:37

I saw that episode of Magnum PI. They have everyone strip down to their underwear and put their clothes in one pile. They then tell everyone to get naked and they protest. After being threatened, they decide to get naked and are told to put their underwear and socks in another pile that they can keep and put back on, when the robbers leave.

The episode leaves them trying to not talk about the stripping and not talking about what happened when everyone got naked. There was something that was supposed to have happened and noone wanted to say, when they were naked.

Posted by Vviippeerr on 2005-11-27 21:21:23

This is a great scene and I always knew there was more to it. Thanks to BillySutton for the following website http://wwww.somevelvetmorning.net/Lh19.html. Which contain publicity stills of the movie. The movie was based on a book by Elmore Leonard, this scene included. Set in the early 1930's. Two gangsters and one gangster's girlfriend are in a diner. Also in the diner is a young married couple. One gangster, his name Duel, likes the suit the young man is wearing and asks to buy it. The young man is good natured at first, but soon decides to leave. Duel pulls a gun and says "mister, you better get that coat off before a put a hole in it." Duel then orders him to take off his pants, tie, and shirt. The whole time his wife is watching as is the other gangster's girlfriend. Duel then says "you know what we are going to have you do, you take off everything down to your skin." The young man takes off his underwear. The other gangster, interested in the young wife, tells Duel "we'll take that dress too." The wife protests "No!?!?" But then takes off the dress to which the gangster says "I like pink teddies on shapely women." To which his girlfriend says "she's not much." The gangster says "we don't know for sure, Duel we might as well see the whole show." This is where the scene ends it cuts to outside. We see the young man and the wife run out of the diner at a distant with their hats in front of them but nothing else. You get a far shot of both their rears. They get in a car and drive away. The young wife is played by a very young Teri Garr. The movie is not on video but played on TNT as described above. The first time I heard of this scene was on David Letterman quite possibly his first or second year. Teri Garr was on and Letterman asked her if she had ever done any nude scenes. She described this scene and said it wound up on the cutting room floor. Obviously it did not but I always thought her nude scene did. Thanks to BillySutton for the publicity stills. The still of this scene is not in the movie so there is definitely more to this scene. If it ever comes out on video maybe it will be a director’s cut with added footage. Let’s hope.

Posted by 2020 on 2005-11-28 10:37:07

There's a similar but larger scale scene in another Elmore Leonard work "Gold Coast" where the patrons and staff of a country club are held up and stripped naked by a gang of armed robbers.

Posted by Vviippeerr on 2005-11-29 05:14:59

Forced Stripping must be a theme in Elmore Leonard novels. In Cat Chaser (the movie version at least but I know a least one scene is in the book) there are two forced stripping scenes. First Kelly McGillis is forced to strip by her husband at gunpoint and later Charles Durning forces the villian and his bodyguard to strip in a bathroom and then makes them get in a shower and then shots both, very intense scene. I have a lot more movie strip scenes plus book strip scenes if anyone is interested.