Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Boys wearing short uniform pants to school

shorts and kneesocks were great for me

Posted by craftyskin on 2006-06-06 09:07:50

I was 15 in longs when i was sent to a new school where shorts were worn i tryed on the uniform at the outfitters it all felt good and the sensation of bare knees again was really sensuous. I secretly tryed it on again at home and looked at myself in the mirror, i really liked the long kneesocks with the school colours and the garters to keep them up. On the first day i went there it felt really strange but the shorts were easily got used to. When I was 17, I had to get a complete new uniform which I was pleased about because it still fitted me after leaving school. And I still wear it, it's really cool!

Posted by Sasha_K on 2013-03-03 18:49:01

I attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts for high school. Boys were permitted to wear shorts (mid-thigh to knee-length) whenever it was hot. We had to wear socks with sneakers (no sandals) for hygienic reasons. Many times I wore anklets, but sometimes below-the-calf or athletic knee socks. Of course, we could still wear slacks...but those of us who had great-looking legs liked to wear shorts to be more comfortable...or to turn on the girls.

Posted by BD2014 on 2014-04-27 13:58:13

How fortunate for craftyskin to be able to go from longs into shorts at 15! It is really rare for schools to have 15 year olds in shorts and most of us, myself included had to put up with typical dark grey long trousers that got really uncomfortable in summer time. I would have been thrilled if it had happened to me.

Posted by victorbaker on 2019-08-22 09:38:56

I was at school in England in the 1980s when boys' shorts were really short. Our school didn't have rules about whether a boy could wear shorts or longs, but most boys wore shorts till they were 13 years old. A few boys were still in shorts at 14.

Posted by bob76 on 2019-08-23 18:51:29

In Rhodesia in the 1970s boys wore shorts through Form 4, age 15-16. We switched to long flannels the next year, in Lower 6th. We didn't have a choice about whether to wear short pants or long. Wearing shorts in the winter wasn't much a problem since we were in the tropics, but it did get a little chilly sometimes because of the elevation.