Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Should jockstraps be required for middle school basketball?

Wearing jocks in todays times

Posted by bike 101 on 2006-12-05 03:29:58

Hi iam an older guy who as a young boy too wore a jock but starting in jr high for gym class. We all had too and it was no big deal. My father had taught me and my brother to wear a jock for the support and protection the family jewels are meant to be kept lifted up and suppported. In turn my nephews have learned from age 7 for soccer and continue while playing Basketball and jogging etc.. The brands we have tried and liked are BIKE,Duke,Mueller. The new Bike swimmers is actually a good jock for general jock wear. I hope more boys will learn that jocks are really the way to go Boxers and briefs don't cut for sports. Paul

Posted by youngguy on 2006-12-08 22:08:22

I have a friend who plays on our school basketball team, and they all hve to wear jocks. Every so often the coach makes them line up and pull down the back of their shorts so he can see the back of the waistband of their jocks, and they get LOTS of push-ups if they aren't wearing one. When they play home games, though, they are allowed to wear jocks that are sorta like briefs, so they have a full seat in back instead of just leg straps, since their leg straps show right through their white home-game shorts. If they don't mind having their leg straps show, the coach doesn't make them wear briefs/jocks, and some of the guys just let their leg straps show. It feels looser or freer that way and more of a turn - on.

It's sorta sexy that way, too. :-) But actually not too much. After all, you can often see my mom's bra straps through her blouse or dress, and if that's O.K., why isn't it O.K. to see a guy's leg straps?
Posted by runner_49 on 2006-12-09 22:41:46

I'm glad to hear that your friend's coach makes sure the boys on his team wear jockstraps. They are safer for it and I'm sure they play harder when they wear them. The sports briefs that some of them wear at home games are not jocks though. Too bad some boys feel embarrassed just because their leg straps are showing through their white shorts; a boy should never be embassed to wear a jock for sports.

Posted by jockkidd on 2006-12-17 20:43:50

our coach makes us wear them too. i thought it was totally embarassing at first, but then not so much.. but i do think its embarassing when your straps show or like in gym class when someone yanks down your shorts

Posted by Pete M. on 2006-12-22 22:05:09

I agree with Youngguy: if it's O.K. for anyone to see my wife's bra straps through her blouse, it's also O.K. to see my boy's leg straps through his shorts.