Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Girls wearing trousers and jeans

I want to wear trousers

Posted by rebecca94 on 2011-01-17 16:04:30

I have launched this poll as I feel that I must be the only 16 year old girl who is not allowed to wear trousers or jeans. My parents dictate what I can and cannot wear and as mother is old fashioned and does not wear trousers she feels it is good enough for me to wear skirts all the time as well. As they pay for all my clothes, I cannot do much about it.

I have never even tried on a pair of trousers so I don't know what it feels like to be in them

I go to a private all girls school with an old fashioned uniform and trousers are banned even in free time. My friends all wear trousers and jeans at home though. They live all over the country so I don't see them during the holidays otherwise one of my friends might let me try on a pair of her trousers.

I would like to hear what other girls think about trousers

Rebecca

Posted by EMiLY_is_awesome on 2011-02-20 22:23:34

Heya,

I haven't been alowed 2 wear pants since November. I miss them because its all i used 2 wear. :(

Posted by Emma Burton on 2011-02-21 13:51:36

It's the same for me. Wearing trousers for girls and women is against my family's faith so I am not allowed to do it. I'm 16 and have never worn such things. My mother is 37 and has never done so. My school is also part of our church so no trousers for anyone there (except the boys and male teachers, obviously). We also are not allowed to wear tights because these have the same function as trousers, ie covering the legs. TBH it gets a bit cold for the first couple of weeks of winter but once you're used to it, it's fine.

Personally I'm glad I'm not allowed to wear trousers because if they were permitted I would probably have tried them and I believe it is sinful. Deuteronomy (22:9) tells us it is an abomination. As a girl I don't want guys to wear skirts and dresses so I understand they don't want me wearing trousers.

Posted by EMiLY_is_awesome on 2011-02-21 20:03:15

I don't see why we need 2 be cold. Tights are quite different from pants.

Posted by rebecca94 on 2011-02-22 16:03:52

Emma

Which religion do you belong to?

Rebecca