Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Tickling as discipline for kids

Last experience?

Posted by PassionateMom on 2016-05-17 01:28:32

Tell us what was your last experience using tickling as discipline. Just last weekend I got to discipline my son for repetitive backtalking. I had him all secured and laughing for several minutes, with few breaks time to time. At the end he was a little bit exhausted but really sorry about his misbehavings.

Posted by Tie-n-Teaser on 2016-05-19 19:47:28

My wife used this on my 6yo stepson yesterday. She tied him on the bed and had his stepbrother (age 9) and stepsister (age 6) help her tickle him for over 20 minutes. He was sorry after just a few minutes. By the end he was so worn out that when she untied him he couldn't even stand up for a few minutes.

Posted by Red47 on 2016-10-16 05:02:50

Hi. I found your poll interesting and am glad to know other parents do this with their children. I am not a parent, but my mom uses this form of punishment on me and my siblings. Just last week, I got in trouble for mouthing off, and having a poor grade, and so had to be punished. This one was really intense, I almost cried, tbh. The worst part is that they never give me any breaks!

Posted by Leon Shark on 2016-10-17 00:02:02

I've heard it eloquently said before, "of course you don't get breaks, it's not punishment if you get breaks."

Of course I don't see people torturing their kids until they lose consciousness or worse, but being in full control of the situation you can definitely take control and know when it is absolutely necessary to lay off, and even then only enough to avoid problems. Punishment must remain punishment.

Posted by PassionateMom on 2016-10-17 00:37:12

Exactly, the child needs to feel and understand we're in full control so I don't stop as soon as my children want to. Obviously I give few breaks but only when I decide it is needed.