Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Choose my pjs

Discussion

Posted by KitsuneAngel1 on 2017-05-04 01:34:54

This response is to Nray. I'm going to watch a movie with my Dad so I don't have time to respond to you rn xerious, but thanks for responding! <3 I'll try to post one tomorrow!

Yeah, I figured I should update you guys. (:

About wearing back-zips more often now: It's also kinda nice not to have access to my diaper unless I really need it and its OK with my parents, like for a change or something. Part of that is if I start feeling embarassed or don't want to wear it at some point during the day, I like not to have the option of taking it off, at least without running it by my parents first, it helps me get used to wearing them during the day. Plus, I've been trying to work on WHEN I go before I start working on WHERE I go and wearing back zips make sure I stay focused on that.

I still wear my front zips pretty often, especially when I'm home alone or have someone watching me, but its definitely not like before where I'd never ever put on my back zips before I had to. It depends a lot on what's going on and how I'm feeling.

If I'm going out of the house, like to a store or something, that's pretty much the only time when I'll wear my 2 piece footies with goodnites if I'm not going to be wearing normal dayclothes, especially since its warmer out now so it doesn't make sense to wear a top with one piece pjs to try to disguise them. I try to avoid wearing abenas out and about as much as I can since they're so obvious under my pjs, especially when they're wet. (Though wearing a onesie helps with the sagging at least) It's not always possible, but since I'm older now my parents will usually let me stay home alone for longer if they're going out so its not often that I end up wearing abenas in public thank god.

Also, no, I still have to get ready for bed at the same time, but its not as big of a deal. If I change or use the bathroom anytime after supper I'll just put on my nighttime diaper and my back-zippered jammies (if I don't already have them on) instead of maybe wasting an abena by waiting until 8 to do it, so I usually have all my bedtime stuff on earlier than I really need to anyway.

I did get a new mattress protector, and it's better, but I was actually gonna try to convince my parents to let me get rid of it totally. I think if I start wearing a diaper cover at night they'll probably let me go without one.

About camp, yeah, I'm probably only going to camp for one week this year though. :\

I was just talking about using the locking zipper during sleepovers, but yeah, I was kinda thinking that too, that's why I asked. So you think offering to put on my sleepover stuff (night diaper, stuffer and cover) and back zippered pjs before I go to her house for the sleepover and doing the same but with abenas for hanging out during the day will be enough to make sure my parents still let me sleep over there? That wouldn't be too bad, I mean, its not like I don't already put on abenas before I head over there most of the time anyway. I have a question though, how does the tape or stitching on the zipper cover help? I don't think that would stop Rosa from unzipping me if I asked her to. :S

I might still keep the locking zipper idea on the backburner tho. Tbh I'd rather wear a locking zip at Rosa's for a while than not be able to hang out or sleep over with her period.

I've been thinking about that also, but I don't know what to do. I don't want to stop wearing pull-ups during the day, but I guess I will if I have to. Do you know about any more absorbent pull-ups I can use? Ones that are thin and quiet but don't leak easily? Whether or not they look like diapers isn't really an issue anymore, I wear onesies with any pants that aren't high waisted enough to make sure nobody can see. I doubt I can find anything that can replace abenas for around the house, but I do need something to wear out and about, like to school.

Posted by nray999_b on 2017-05-06 16:27:23

Hi again, I saw your response the other day so I did a bit of research. First, to answer your question about sleepovers, the tape or thread on your zipper is not there to stop Rosa from unzipping you, only your willingness to follow rules does that. The idea is to just have something that will tell your parents if you unzip without permission, and remind you to be good. A plastic zip tie would also work since scissors or nail clippers can easily cut them. Since you mentioned it, why don't you wear back zip pajamas when you have a sitter watching you? You are not out in public, and you lose the advantages of not worrying about unzipping and just focussing on when, as you said. Regarding better pull-ups, I have seen ads on TV for Tens Overnight Briefs, which appears to be Goodnites for adults, so they are definitely worth a try. Also Northshore Care's website has tons of options. Since you use Abenas you could try some of the lighter Abenas like a level 1 or 2 pull on or tape on. I hope your parents go easy on you when you confess

Posted by carg85 on 2017-05-28 07:47:06

Hi Kitsune, thanks for what you said about my parents. They are stable, but we are still busy getting them into permanent nursing homes (different ones since my father needs a mental care facility and my mother a physical).

It is quite interesting to see how you are still developing and maturing, but in that aspect I have little to say that Xerxius (or as you call her(?): Xerious :D ) hasn't already written. I would expect that it won't take too long anymore before you feel confident enough as a young woman to not care so much anymore about things that might seem babyish (although of course there will be limits about that in public ;-). I wonder if the current popularity of sleepers is also partly due to people liking the feeling of returning to their childhood - when everything was simple, and knowing everything will be taken care of. Perhaps similar to your current attitude towards back-zipping sleepers: no temptation, no worries, just comfy.

The weather will probably have turned warm by now where you live too? (Here it was 30C = 85F yesterday) That probably means footies and fleece are not comfortable anymore. I assume you have enough sleepers for summer by now? Perhaps it would be nice to have some with short legs and arms too?
I wonder about what Xerxius wrote on compression shorts - wouldn't compressing incontinence material make it less effective?
You wrote only one week of summer camp this year: would that be a regular camp or the one for IC? If you had a choice, which would you prefer?

About the locking zipper: I agree that it might not be necessary (anymore), but since it has been on your mind for such a long time, I'd say just give it a try. Take one of your less favorite sleepers and swap the pull (make sure it has a 5mm plastic coil zipper; front or back zipper doesn't make a difference). It might even make you feel more relaxed, knowing there is no way to break the rules even on a sleepover. And I don't get the impression your parents will use it to make things harder for you, anymore. Unzipping you might take a bit more time though, depending on how quickly the parent has the key ready, so it might require a bit more planning if you want to use the bathroom when you can.

And one request: especially now that the time between posts gets longer, and more people participate, it is sometimes hard to figure out what you are responding to. So perhaps you could mention the subject (like I did above with e.g. "About the locking zipper") or copy-paste the question with a '>' in front in the cases where it might not be obvious?

Posted by KitsuneAngel1 on 2017-07-22 20:47:42

Sorry I took so long everybody! I've been enjoying the summer! <3

Thank you for the compliments everybody! I feel like it took me a long time to stop being so scared about what other people think of me and realize that the stuff my parents were making me do is what's best for me, even if it's embarassing sometimes, it's not like their goal is to embarass me.

I feel like I've adjusted to wearing diapers during the day now. It's not that big of a deal anymore, like I'll still wear pull-ups for certain occasions but for the most part I stick to my tape-on Abenas. If I'm at home I don't wear anything else. It's nice not to worry about leaks or having to change as often, since I can use them 2 or 3 times before they start to get full. I'm still on my 2nd diaper! ^_^

About the weather getting warmer, we have central air at our house so the temperature outside isn't a big deal. I've been wearing my back-zippered footies all day. :)

About the locking zip, I actually put it on a pair of my front zippered pjs myself and wore them yesterday just to try it, but I kept the key and I didn't wear them for very long cuz we went out to eat. IDK, I just don't really see a reason to put a lock on anymore.

I'm not sure about compression shorts. I don't wear them. :\ I do have a bunch of onesies now though and those help with the sound some and stops them from sagging so I'm not waddling around as much if I wet in public. I don't think I really need new clothes tbh. I'm been wearing diapers full time for quite a while now so almost all my clothes work with them and I have a pretty good system right now. If I'm going to be at home for a long time I can just wear my pjs, and if I'm going out and going to be wearing my tape-on abenas for some reason a onesie and a pair of overalls disguise it pretty well (thank god overalls are still in fashion from 2015!) and I've figured out what bottoms work with the Abena pull-ups too. I can still wear the kinda-skinny jeans (I was definitely already using the larger waist size trick haha) I wore with goodnites as long as they're high waisted and I wear a onesie with them! :D I mean, I can't wear leggings which kinda sucks and I have to wear shorts under any skirts or dresses if I'm going to something formal, but its not that horrible.

I do wish that more places made clothes that were more diaper friendly though. Like overalls + a onesie are the best option if I have to wear an Abena out of the house but they SUCK to take off if I have to change. Footy jammies for older kids still have the zipper that goes down the leg, which my Mom says is to make changes easier, (and also why I only buy footies from the kids section) why can't other clothes for older kids have the same kinda stuff?

About having a friend try a diaper at a sleepover: No I haven't offered, it never occured to me and I don't see why they'd want to. I mean it's a medical thing, it'd be like asking someone if they want to wear your cast or try your inhaler or something. :S

About the mattress protector, I just started wearing a diaper cover with my nighttime diapers and my parents let me get rid of it. It makes a lot more noise but nobody who doesn't know what I'm wearing is usually around after I get ready for bed anyway. I'd rather wear a noisy diaper cover for 2-3 hours than have a mattress protector all the time.

About brands: I switched off of Goodnites and got Abena pull-ups. They're a lot thicker, which is OK since like 95% of my clothes are diaper friendly, and they're not very noisy. The only downside about them is if they get really wet I walk a little weird since it gets so thick between my legs, but at the point a goodnite would've leaked so it's still better lol. Tbh my night diaper situation is pretty OK, if they leak at all most if the time it's actually through the top, usually because I didn't get it taped on tight enough, and it's almost never more than a couple little wet spots. I'll keep Baincos in mind though if I ever want a change of pace.

Carg, about what you said about one pieces being more pratical, I agree. I was in too much of a rush to start wearing more "mature" pjs that I got ahead of myself and stopped thinking about what was best for me. The whole point of going from one to two-piece pjs is that you can use the toilet easier, but I need to be able to get to the toilet first lol. I realized I just wanted to look more "mature" without actually being there. :\ I feel like when I can start wearing pull-ups to bed, then I can "graduate" to two piece pjs, but I'll let my parents decide when that is. On the plus side, they're work pretty good if I'm going with my parents for a quick trip out of the house. The elastic on the bottoms makes them fit over my pull-ups better than jeans and if I'm wearing shoes they really just look like pj pants to most people and the top makes a cute sweater I can wear if its chilly out. (:

I don't even keep them in my pajama drawer anymore lol, they're basically dayclothes now.

About camp, Well when I went to camp I stayed in the "IC" dorm. (It's the same camp, just a different dorm.) If I had a choice of which dorm to stay, I think I'd still stay there. The only real downside is having less free time outside of the dorm than everyone else. (We have to be in the dorm by 7 but most of the other people there have to be in the dorm at 9. The deans start getting everyone ready for bed at 7 too, but we still have the same amount of free time as everybody else, we just have to spend it in the dorm.) Otherwise bedtime and lights out are at the same time (10 and 10:30). Seeing my friends from last time is nice, and I don't have to worry about being judged or made fun of when I'm there either.

So anyway, I just had some free time and wanted to update you guys. I'll probably edit with more stuff later but my Mom is going out to pick up milk and I need to have her help me with my pjs before she leaves haha.

edit: In response to nray's question about sitters and back zippered pjs: I know it's something I shouldn't be, but that's something I'm still kinda embarassed about since the implication is that I'm not mature enough to know I need to wear protection. Wearing them around my parents isn't a big deal, but sitters don't have the context that my parents and Rosa's mom do. Wearing them at night is one thing, and I can't really do much about that, but I feel like wearing them around sitters during the daytime too means that they'll think I'm always trying to take them off. Like the first time I wore them around a couple sitters, they thought that I couldn't be trusted to keep my diapers on at all unless I was wearing my back zippered pjs. In fact, I'm pretty sure one of the back-up sitters still thinks that. If I get my pjs on early she always pushes me towards wearing back zips and she's had me get ready for bed right after supper every single time she's been watching me.

edit #2: Carg, you asked if I'd like pjs with short arms and legs and I missed it earlier. I hadn't really thought about it but it would be nice. (: Anya wore something like what you were describing at camp and it was cute af. It was kinda like a onesie, except it had short sleeves and legs and had snaps on the shoulders instead of between the legs. She's always wearing the most adorable stuff, I need to remember to ask her where she gets her clothes. Maybe my parents will let me get one like that.

Btw, do you mean I should ask if I can get short sleeve pjs as loungewear or sleepwear? Cuz I feel like it would be hard to find something like that that my parents would let me sleep in. :| For loungewear or even dayclothes it would be awesome tho: Like I never thought about how I have a bunch of sleeveless onesies and a few long sleeve ones but none with short sleeves! xD

Posted by nray999_b on 2017-07-31 05:26:29

Thanks for getting back to us. I have been out doing stuff instead of reading polls so I fully understand. I'm glad to hear things are improving on the lifestyle front, and camp was good. One question is whether you ever told your parents Rosa unzipped your pajamas, and if there were any consequences? Also I think as part of being more mature about your protection, and wearing back zips to help you follow the rules you do need to start wearing back zip pajamas when you have a sitter, regardless of what they might think.