Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Choose my pjs

Discussion

Posted by KitsuneAngel1 on 2014-05-16 00:11:30

Onesies are comfy I guess but all my friends just wear shorts or sweatpants, its just not fair. But for me it depends on how big the zipper is on the dress, but unless its really cute I wouldn't buy if I couldn't get it on haha. I have a few (like my prom dress) that I have to ask for help to get on or else Id be there for an hour, but we all know you suffer for fashion. My onesie without the feet has a really small zipper on it so its hard to grab x-x

I didnt like them becuase I needed to ask my parents every time I had to use the bathroom, and it was impossible to hide when I was wet because I couldn't get dressed before breakfast without talking to my parents.

Posted by carg85 on 2014-05-16 10:24:34

Well, if you're stuck with onesies anyhow, you might try to make the best of it: see if you can't get some cute ones (e.g. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adult-Kigurumi-Animal-Pajamas-Onesie-Cosplay-Costume-Anime-Onepiece-Sleepsuit-/111320817995), and become a trend-setter: if you are enthusiastic about them, your friends might want some, too.

Funny you mention suffering for fashion: I recently made a poll on that subject: Discomfort for Fashion. If a dress you couldn't get on by yourself is wide enough at the bottom to lift in the bathroom, that might not be too bad - you'd only need help in the morning and before going to bed. A romper or narrow dress could be a lot more challenging ;-)

So I guess you're going to be careful that your parents are not going to put you backwards in a onesie again! It sounds like an effective punishment.

Posted by KitsuneAngel1 on 2014-07-16 20:50:31

Those are super-cute!!! But I don't have a credit card so I can't buy things over the internet and I'd have to convince my parents to buy them for me. ):

None of the rompers I have zip up and I dont wear narrow dresses very often, like ever. :P

I tried, but my mom read on the internet that they make back zipper pjs for people like me who have trouble staying dry at night. She says I'd only wear them when I'm wearing goodnites, but I don't see how they would help.

Posted by carg85 on 2014-07-17 18:19:04

Yeah, you'd have to negotiate with your parents to get one of those: they get you to wear a onesie without complaining, and you wear something you like.

So all your rompers button up the front?

Well, I've never heard of rompers that help you keep dry at night: the back-zip ones seem to be used mainly to prevent the wearer from interfering with the incontinence material or undress. So they probably aren't a help for you but more for your parents. The only silver lining might be that perhaps it is easier to accept when you can't take your pajama's off, then if you could but are forbidden: then there is always the temptation. Would your parents let you out if you need to go to the bathroom at night or would they tell you to just use your goodnites?

Posted by KitsuneAngel1 on 2014-07-18 22:06:41

My parents dont really negotiate. but maybe ill put one on my christmas list lol

One does, the rest tie at the waist or I wear a belt.

They would let me out, the only time I've been told to use them is in the car on long trips. I think it's because the last time I had to wear protection I was really bad about it. My parents would check if I had one on before bed but I would just take it off later, the only way I got out of them was by putting dry ones on before breakfast lol. I shouldn't even have to wear goodnites anyway, I'm only wet like twice a week. Like, wearing goodnites every night sucks way more than waking up to a wet bed sometimes.