Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

teen girls wearing diapers for special occasions

Only for convenience

Posted by southtapper on 2016-08-24 23:24:09

It was embarrassing but I got over it. The Church has a lot of tradition. Diapers were not required at our Parish but many parents keep the tradition alive. My communion dress was white taffeta, puffy sleeves and flouncy skirt. I had a veil. The dress and petticoat are put away but I don't think I will ever wear any of those things again, except maybe the diaper and plastic pants. I will have outgrown my dress and undershirt. I am 13 now and I will be 14 when confirmed. I will surely be wearing a white dress for that occasion. I was totally embarrassed to be seen in my diaper, plastic pants and undershirt. Too many people eyeballing me.

Posted by pacifier on 2016-08-25 03:04:24

Hi,your communion outfit sounds cute!Yes i have heard of parents keeping the diapers and plastic pants tradition alive for First communion and confirmation.Were there any teen girls in your class who also wore the diapers and plastic pants? My diaper was made from sewing 10 flat cloth gerber baby diapers together in the 24x27 inch size and mom pinned it on me with pink diaper pins.Did you have baby powder and lotion with your diaper? mom used it all on me,diaper rash ointment,lotion and the baby powder.She sprinkled baby powder on my plastic pants to soften them,but they still crinkled anyway!So your parish confirms at 14 and in the 8th grade,i know of a few other parishes that do confirmation at 14 also.I have two cousins who live in boston and they were confirmed at 14 and they both had to wear a white,poofy knee length dress with the puffy sleeves and veil with the lace anklets and white mary jane shoes and their parents did a cloth diaper and plastic pants on both of them with the under shirt as their top.They told me most of the girls had the cloth diaper and plastic pants under their dresses.The people who saw you in your diaper and plastic pants and under shirt,did they understand why you were wearing them?I think you should wear a pretty white,poofy,short sleeve dress with a flowerhead wreath with ribbons down the back,white tights and white shoes and wear your diaper and plastic pants under the tights.Since your parents had you wear the diaper and plastic pants under your communion dress,they will probably have you wear them under your confirmation dress also,so the white tights will prevent the plastic pants from crinkling.Let me know if you think the confirmation outfit i suggested is cute and if you might wear it.bye for now

Posted by southtapper on 2016-08-25 23:55:22

There were 5 other girls in my class and we all wore diapers. I had ointment put on before my diaper. Most of the parishes around here confirm at 14. The people who saw me before I had my dress on knew why I was that way. I love the confirmation outfit you suggested, especially the tights. I wanted to wear tights for my first communion but mom said no. I soon have have to start confirmation classes with the priest again.

Posted by pacifier on 2016-09-12 12:57:59

Hi,a friend of mine just told me yesterday that her cousin is 16 and being confirmed on Sept.25 and that her parish requires the girls to wear the cloth diaper,plastic pants,undershirt and white tights under their poofy white dresses and she told me that she is going to help dress her cousin.I am happy to hear that the other 5 girls in your class also wore diapers! how old were they and did they have the cloth diapers and plastic pants like you did?Where as i feel that wearing the lace anklets with the communion dress is cuter and more little girlish,wearing the white tights over the diaper and plastic pants with the undershirt is more symbolic of the purity of baptism.I have seen cloth diapers and plastic pants under the white tights on teen girls and they do look cute and babyish.Did wearing your diaper and plastic pants under your communion dress make you feel more pure and innocent for the ceremony?some girls it did,others felt it didnt.When will your confirmation take place? I suppose your parents will want you to wear the lace anklets with your white dress,but tell them you want tights.You could always wear the plastic pants under the tights with out your diaper.got to go to school now

Posted by southtapper on 2016-09-13 00:33:52

The other girls in my class were dressed similar with cloth diapers and plastic pants. I don't know about feeling pure and innocent for the ceremony but they did keep me from embarrassing myself as I dribbled off and on throughout. Mom already knows I want the tights but that is next year.