Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Girls, are you made to wear skirts in the winter?

Bare legs

Posted by SarahInSurrey on 2005-02-14 00:06:20

i grew up always wearing socks to school, i have almost never worn tights. my skirts got shorter and shorter as i went through school. now i am out of school i still love to wear short kilt skirts or pleated denim skirts and it is always with socks.

i mostly wear kneesocks though, not because it is cheating but because in school my mum made me wear them, and ever since i have chosen to. i just like the feel i suppose!

Posted by EmmaB on 2005-11-27 01:08:57

I agree. Having to wear a skirt and keep your legs bare is a way of school/parents reminding you that you're a girl, not a guy.

Posted by EmmaB on 2006-01-21 01:01:41

OK, I didn't mean literally that wearing trousers/pants can cause you to forget you're a girl, but it can make girls become less ladylike. They can start sitting in a slovenly way (legs apart), stop shaving their legs, lose the ability to go bare legged when it's cold etc etc.

Personally I'm happy to be female, so I don't ever want to dress in a similar way to males.

Posted by katie_k on 2010-01-20 15:17:57

I'm more or less kept in bare legs and ankle socks, its been really cold over the last couple of weeks!!!

katie xx

Posted by Infernaltiewearer on 2010-02-02 07:28:19

To Hales:

Yes you are right. If you want to respond to me do it at infernaltiewearer.