Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Girls, are you made to wear skirts in the winter?

Bare legs

Posted by ILvStrictUniform on 2011-01-28 16:00:02

Hello Rebecca

Sorry I haven't been on for a couple of days like you my studies have taken longer.

When you say you leave your top button undone, is that in your school uniform or with a blouse and skirt on? So does your mother ever do her top button up? When you started wearing your school uniform, was she really fussy over your uniform like making sure your smart by having the top button fastened. Sorry I am asking lots of questions, forgive me.

That is totally fine, all i was saying is that my mother will probably choose a tie for me. Yes of course you can, do you think you will fasten your top button at university. I have only heard of two universities in Britain, they are Cam bridge? and Uxford? sorry if I have got them wrong, are they anywhere near where you live.

Yes i think buns are very nice, but obviously i have got used to them the last few years, you might find your head feels really tight and you cannot move it a lot as it hurts (well it did for me when my mother implement these rules)

Not long until you try on trousers, I would love to try trousers again. Tell me how it goes tomorrow.

Elizabeth

Posted by rebecca94 on 2011-01-28 17:01:52

Hi Ellie

Yes at School we have to wear our ties at all times during lessons and if we are out in town. Girls could get a demerit if they fail to wear their tie when required to do so. When not at school I prefer not to do up my top button. I just find it more comfortable.

My friend and I have our passes for tomorrow - I am so excited that I may get a chance to try on some trousers.

I will tell you all about it.

Rebecca

Posted by rebecca94 on 2011-01-28 17:08:56

Hi Elizabeth

I am sorry that you have had a lot of studies.

When I leave my top button undone it is usually at home with a blouse and skirt. When at school in my uniform we nearly always have to wear our ties so the top button is done up.

Cambridge and Oxford are out top universities. There are lots of others. Most cities have one. Cambridge and Oxford are not that far from here.

My friend and I have our passes so its trousers on tomorrow (I hope) I'm so excited I won't be able to sleep tonight.

I will let you know how I get on.

Rebecca

Posted by rebecca94 on 2011-01-30 11:08:17

Hi Ellie and Elizabeth

We have just got back after Morning Service at Church and I thought that I should tell you about yesterday afternoon before I start my informal studies.

My roommate Fiona and I got our passes to complete some historical research on dates of buildings in the town centre which gave us both a good reason to be in the shopping centre on a Saturday afternoon. Some of the shops used to be chapels which had dates on them usually 1800s and some of the shops are in buildings dating from the 1500s with timber panels etc. Anyway we took about 30 minutes to complete our work and did not need to be back at School for another 2 hours.

Fiona had already helped me to take my inside leg measurement which was about 29 inches and I am size 8 to 10 for skirts. I had decided to try as many different styles as possible such as jeans, tight trousers, looser fits and smart formal trousers.

I was really excited when we went to went into the first shop. My legs were like jelly and I had butterflies in my tummy! Fiona pulled me over to the ladies section and we found rails and rails of trousers and jeans. I did not know where to look first but Fiona guided me to the size 10 section of a jeans rail and pulled out a pair which showed 29” inside leg. She said “why not try these first” and held them against me. I giggled why not and we went over to the changing rooms and the attendant let us in.

I quickly took off my skirt and for the first time ever my legs went into the legs of a pair of jeans. I struggled to work my feet through the denim but eventually they appeared at the bottom and I pulled the jeans up and zipped them up. I looked in the mirror and could hardly believe that it was my reflection. They felt completely different than a skirt around the bottom as expected but my legs felt completely different encased in quite heavy denim. Fiona remarked that they fitted me quite well and suggested that I tried to bend in them. That made them quite taught and gave an unusual feeling.

I next tried some trousers and they somehow felt lighter and more comfortable. My legs were not so heavy and they did not feel so restricted.

We next went into a more up market shop and found a very helpful shop assistant in her late 30s. I was honest and explained that I had never owned any trousers and wanted to explore how it felt to be in different styles. The shop was not that busy and she must have spent over 30 minutes with me. She gave a lot of advice and found about 10 different pairs for me to try. Some were wide leg, some were parallel leg, some were slim fit, some were pleated.

My favourite was a more formal black straight leg pair of trousers which looked great with my white school uniform blouse. The shop assistant remarked that I looked like a young executive in the City!!!

On the way back to School I tried on some more jeans in another shop. These were slim fit and white. They again felt heavier than the trousers.

I was so pleased that Fiona helped me realize my long held ambition and we have got much closer during the past week since I told her about it. She wears jeans and trousers a lot at home. I feel that jeans did not really excite me that much. They felt heavy and a little uncomfortable. I suppose I could get use to wearing them but as I prefer a smarter image with my clothes, I am not sure if they suit me that much.

Trousers were much more comfortable and Fiona says that I looked great in them as well. I still can’t believe that I have actually tried some on and seen myself in them in a mirror! I expect that I will have to wait until I get to university before I get to own some but at least I know what they now feel like. Mother would have had a fit if she had known about yesterday afternoon!

Elizabeth - If I can try on trousers, there is no reason why you couldn't try on a pair as well. I am sure you must wonder how they fell/what you look like in them

Best wishes

Rebecca

Posted by ellie0x0x on 2011-01-30 18:10:28

Hey Rebecca

Your day out sounds great, i wish i would of been their to help, but your friend fiona sounds really nice. Was you wearing your school uniform or a blouse and a skirt when you went shopping, its only that i don't go to church but my mum does and when she makes me go along she makes me wear my school uniform which is embarrasing seeing as it is on a weekend.

Yes i am not a fan of jeans either as soon as i grew out of my old ones i just got rid of them and i haven't worn them in about 4 years. I agree with you they felt to ristricted on me. Thats good that you were honest with the shop assistant, what did she say when you explained you don't own any trousers?

Can i ask you a question i might of asked this before but at a weekend or holiday, do you just wear smart blouses and skirts like me? or do you have casual clothes you wear on a weekend or holiday?

Glad you had a good day

Ellie