Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Girls, are you made to wear skirts in the winter?

Bare legs

Posted by rebecca94 on 2011-02-04 18:53:59

Hi Ellie

Yes our uniforms have to be worn properly when out of School in town etc. Our blouses are buttoned up and ties worn.

We are used to wearing our uniforms out in the town and just don't take any notice of people who give us funny looks.

When at home I tend to wear blue skirts, black skirts & beige skirts. I think I have a grey one as well. Blouses are white, cream and light blue. I have some patterned dresses as well.

We have quite a good selection of shops near the school so we can buy most things. It takes less than an hour to get into the centre of London but we don't go shopping there very often as it is more expensive.

I hope that you enjoy your weekend. We have some studies to complete but not too much this time.

Rebecca

Posted by EMiLY_is_awesome on 2011-02-20 23:32:11

I haven't been allowed to wear pants since November. It's a long stupid story and my parents are crazy. Sometimes I'll sneak and borrow my friends sweatpants at my friends house if Iam spending the nite there. Don't tell my parents!!!

But I always try to wear tights when I go out if its cold. I'm not a huge fan of tights but I hate the cold!!! i've gone bare legged a few times tho.

I go to a private school, I live in America tho, and girls can wear pants or a skirt. Almost all wear the pants, especially in the winter, so I am kind of an odd ball now. We can wear socks or tights. I wouldn't say the uniform rules are as strict as some of the ones ive read here!!!!!

Posted by rebecca94 on 2011-02-22 14:26:12

Hi Emily

It is great to hear from you. You must be lucky to go to a private school where you can wear pants or trousers. If we could here I think I would be wearing them most of the time. We do wear tights which helps keep our legs warm a little.

I am curious as to why you have been banned from wearing pants - do tell!

Rebecca

Posted by EMiLY_is_awesome on 2011-02-23 00:55:30

Hey Rebecca,

I never really considered it lucky. I just hated having a uniform, never even really thought about not having pants. Like in grade school we didnt but after 6th grade we had the choice. Pants are just more practical. And tights don't really help THAT much!!!

Anyways its a really long stupid story. I'd rather not get into it now. Basically I am being punished for getting a couple Bs and being too "boyish".

Posted by Louise Billington on 2011-05-15 12:43:09

My mum makes me wear skirts and dresses but I also have to wear tights. She thingks bare legs are not right. I wear knee socks to school as its part of the uniform.

I think I am the only one who is made to wear tights, everyone else seems to be allowed bare legs.

Lou