Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Girls, are you made to wear skirts in the winter?

Bare legs

Posted by rebecca94 on 2011-01-25 22:33:49

Hello Ellie

It is great to hear from you.

How old are you? I am 16.

Your School uniform sounds very much like mine and also the strictness. Do you have any punishment for breaches of rules? We get demerits.

I also like to look smart at all times but I am not sure that I would wear my uniform at home.

At least you can wear trousers at home. That is my main complaint and the reason for my poll. I have never worn trousers. Do you have many pairs of trousers. I assume that they are smart apart from your track suit bottoms. What styles do you like?

Does your mother wear trousers? Mine doesn't and she thinks that should be good enough for me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Rebecca

Posted by sej1976uk on 2011-01-26 09:15:28

Hi Ellie

So what age are you? Is mum very strict on just uniform? Are you punished?

sejguard-misterpoll@yahoo.com

Posted by rebecca94 on 2011-01-26 20:30:32

Hi Ellie

Good to hear from you. I go a private all girls boarding school in Surrey.

Your school seems to be stricter than mine regarding uniform checks. I didn't think that it would be possible. I have avoided demerits for uniform offences as I try to take care with my appearance.

At least you can wear trousers. Your mother seems a little like mine in that she doesn't wear trousers herself but mine won't let me wear them. I don't think I would like tracksuit bottoms but I would like the chance to wear smart trousers.

We normally wear tights at school and I also do at home. I hate socks and won't wear them again if possible.

I am sure that some of the posts on the internet are made up but most people on here seem OK

Best wishes

Rebecca

Posted by ellie0x0x on 2011-01-26 21:11:05

Hey Rebecca

Thats cool I miss my old prep school although i never boarded. I've never been to Surrey but I go to London a lot like seeing all the monuments etc. I'm from Salcombe in Devon, the nearest big city is Plymouth. Yes they are strict although you probably think to stop and make sure everyone in the school is wearing their uniform properly is not possible its only as we are about to walk into class and as we leave class. Does your school not check your uniform then? My uniform is always perfect although i like it, looking smart, i am never pulled up on it.

I know I am allowed to wear trousers but honestly i don't wear them that much, as i'm in my school uniform. As i said my mother doesn't like me wearing them but she accpets time is moving on, but honestly i hardly wear them. I only wear my tracksuit bottoms if i am staying in all day doing nothing sorry i sound as if i wear them every weekend and am somesort of chav,generally on a regular weekend i wear a smart blouse with a pencil skirt with a cardigam and tights. But i can understand where you are coming from when i wear my skirt and socks my legs freeze, so at the moment it is not pleasant but my school do not allow trousers. I don't like wearing socks to school either i feel like i am 10.

I've got to go my mums called me to go to bed i should be in bed at 9. Nice speaking to you, night.

Ellie xx

Posted by rebecca94 on 2011-01-27 15:50:52

Hi Ellie

I've just finished lessons and we havn't got too much study tonight.

Surrey is just to the south of London so you may have passed through on your visits.

I didn't mean to imply that you were a chave by wearing tracksuit bottoms but I don't think I would like to wear them. I would really like a few pairs of smart black trousers but I don't think it will be possible to get permission from myparents until I am 18.

Your pencil skirt and blouse sounds great - very smart!

Would other girls in your school like to wear trousers in cold weather. The state school near here allow girls to wear navy trousers and it is about 50/50 skirts v trousers.

We have occasional uniform checks but girls are pulled up when something is obviously wrong such as missing tie.

Best wishes

Rebecca